Monday, August 25, 2008

devLink 2008 in Murfreesboro is a great hit

The two-day confernce DevLink (devlink.net) is a very good experience for me. I had listened to speakers about .NET, Visual Studio, Parallel computing, ADO.NET connection and many other topics.

One most interesting thing was the new language in developing process: F# (f sharp).

To my understanding, it is going to be a very smart lauguage that you can write like vb script that you don't specify data type, and the compiler will decide the appropriate data type for you.

The conference have attendees coming down from Michigan, Ohio. Of course there are people from other southern states.

Can't describe everything in one post, so I am going to write a few paragraphs in the coming days.

1 comment:

Phillip Juan McClore said...

Sounds a lot like the new PERL! In a windows environment, this could be quite a pwerful thing. I will be looking into this. Thanks~!